On May 29, 2013, Alberta issued three regulations and two rules under the Responsible Energy Development Act (“REDA”). The new regulations and rules became operational on June 17, 2013, the same day that REDA came into force. With REDA, the regulations and the rules now in place, the new regulatory regime for energy development in Alberta has started to take shape.
The New Regulations and Rules
The new regulations include:
* the Responsible Energy Development Act General Regulation, AR 90/2013 (the “General Regulation”);
* the Security Management for Critical Upstream Petroleum and Coal Infrastructure Regulation, AR 91/2013; and
* the Responsible Energy Development Act Transition Regulation, AR 92/2013 (the “Transition Regulation”).
The new rules issued include:
* the Alberta Energy Regulator Administration Fees Rules, MO 61/2013; and
* the Alberta Energy Regulator Rules of Practice, MO 62/2013 (the “Rules of Practice”).
To read the full bulletin, download the PDF.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.