In This Issue:
- UCC Developments
- Commission proposal on customs infringements and sanctions
- Duty Suspensions and Tariff Quotas
- Flat Panel Displays suspension
- Provisional application of EU-Central America FTA
- GSP Plus Country List
- GSP – Temporary Withdrawal and Safeguard Measures
- FTA Update
- Classification Regulation
- Nomenclature Committee Developments
- EU General Court rules on “standing”
- Origin Committee Developments
- Textile/leather origin labelling
- Commission Report on Customs Detentions
- Amendment to the TIR Convention
- Concerns over Russian measure affecting TIR movements
- Commission Report on Potentially Trade-Restrictive Measures
- Declining customs revenues
- Excerpt from Commission Report on Customs Detentions:
On 5 August 2013, the European Commission published its annual report on detentions by the Member States’ customs authorities of articles suspected of infringing intellectual property rights (IPRs). Around 40 million products were held at the EU borders in 2012, and nearly 90,000 detention cases were registered. The largest number of cases was tobacco-related and China was said to be the main source country of IPR infringing goods shipped to the EU...
Please see full report below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.