In This Issue:
EU CUSTOMS POLICY:
- MCC recast/UCC
- 2012 revision of the Electronic Customs Multi-Annual Strategic Plan
- Council Conclusions on the Progress on the Strategy for the Evolution of the Customs Union
- Council endorses Strategy for future customs law enforcement cooperation
- Commission Communication on the State of the Customs Union
- Update on duty suspensions/tariff quotas
- EU GSP – product graduation, beneficiary countries, GSP Plus procedures
- Duty-free imports for victims of Italian earthquakes
- FTA update
- Classification Regulations
- CNEN amendments for skin care products and vegetable extracts
- HS Developments – BTI communication
- Nomenclature Committee
- Origin Committee
- CCIP Amendments for Community status and transit
- EU Council endorses EU Customs Action Plan to combat IPR infringements
- Commission proposes new framework for “retaliatory” trade rules
- Commission publishes new rules for the management of textile quotas for 2013
-Excerpt from MCC recast/UCC:
On 18 December 2012, the European Parliament (EP)’s Internal Market and Consumer Protection (IMCO) Committee adopted a report proposing numerous amendments to the Commission’s proposal for the Modernized Customs Code (MCC) recast/Union Customs Code (UCC). The agreed text will form the EP’s negotiating position in the trilogue discussions with the Council and the European Commission.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Classification, Customs, Duty Free, EU, European Commission, Free Trade Agreement, Imports, Origin, Tariffs, UCC
Commercial Law & Contracts Updates, International Law & Trade Updates, Tax Law Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© White & Case LLP | Attorney Advertising