In This Issue:
*EU CUSTOMS POLICY
- UCC developments
- Update on duty suspensions/tariff quotas
- EU Market Access Regulation – exclusions
- GSP – Burma/Myanmar
- FTA Update
- Classification Regulations
- Nomenclature Committee developments
- WCO Rulings, Opinions and HSENs
- Origin Committee developments
- EU-Swiss Agreement on customs security
- CJEU ruling on production refunds
- CJEU ruling on recovery of duties
- Customs enforcement of IPRs
- Illicit trade in tobacco products
- Customs 2020 Programme
- Excerpt from EU CUSTOMS POLICY: UCC developments:
On 12 June 2013, the EU published the Regulation that provides for a delay of the full implementation of the Modernised Customs Code (MCC) until 1 November 2013. This delay is deemed necessary to avoid a legal gap after the original MCC implementation date would have lapsed on 24 June 2013, as it was not considered technically feasible to finish all procedural steps on the EU’s Union Customs Code (UCC) by that date.
The Regulation on the EU’s UCC is expected to be formally adopted by the European Parliament (EP) and the Council in September, and published in the EU’s Official Journal in October of this year. It is anticipated that the UCC will be implemented on 1 May 2016, but full transition to new IT systems will take until 2020....
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.