In This Issue:
- France bans bisphenol A in food contact materials
- Commission adopts RoHS exemption for lead
- Commission adopts RoHS exemption for cadmium
- Consultation begins on three additional RoHS exemptions for lead and mercury
- Governments reach international binding agreement on mercury
- Governments agree on “Doha Gateway” to achieve a global climate agreement
- Commission amends rules on non-mobile machinery emissions
- Commission confirms emissions targets for manufacturers of passenger cars
- Commission publishes eco-design working plan for 2012-2014
- Commission adopts new eco-design requirements for lamps and lighting equipment
- Commission publishes impact assessment recommending continuation of voluntary eco-design scheme for imaging equipment
*Access to Information
- European Court issues judgment allowing access to urban planning decisions
*The Months Ahead
- Workshops & Conferences
- Excerpt from France bans bisphenol A in food contact materials:
On 24 December, France approved a law banning bisphenol A (“BPA”) in all food packaging, containers and utensils, with effect from 1 January 2015. BPA will also be banned from food containers aimed at children under the age of three from 2013. This goes further than the current EU regulation, which only bans BPA in infant feeding bottles.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Auto Manufacturers, Chemicals, Climate Change, DOHA, Eco-Design, Environmental Policies, EU, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Imaging Equipment, International Binding Agreements, Lead, Lighting Equipment, Mercury, Non-Mobile Machinery Emissions, RoHS Exemptions, Urban Planning & Development
Commercial Law & Contracts Updates, Energy & Utilities Law Updates, Environmental Law Updates, International Law & Trade Updates, Science, Computers & Technology Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© White & Case LLP | Attorney Advertising