In This Issue:
- European Chemicals Agency consults on ten new substances for REACH candidate list
- European Food Safety Authority publishes its 2013 work plan
- European Food Safety Authority publishes opinion on endocrine disruptors
- EU agrees on ETS enforcement moratorium for non-European flights
- Commission to release new 2030 targets for climate and energy this year
- EU updates rules on the Energy Star programme for office equipment
- Commission approves light-emitting diodes as eco-innovation for passenger cars
- Commission updates type-approval legislation for vehicles fitted with eco-innovations
*The Months Ahead:
- Workshops & Conferences
- Excerpt from European Chemicals Agency consults on ten new substances for REACH candidate list:
On 4 March, the European Chemicals Agency (“ECHA”) opened a consultation on whether ten substances should be included in the REACH candidate list. If approved, substances on the candidate list can be classified as Substances of Very High Concern (“SVHCs”), meaning that suppliers and retailers must provide information on safe use to consumers who request it. The substances currently under consultation include cadmium, cadmium oxide, Dipentyl phthalate (“DPP”) and the non-stick coating precursors perfluorooctanoic acid (“PFOA”) and ammonium perfluorooctanoate (“AFPO”). The deadline for commenting is 18 April 2013.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.