In This Issue:
- Governments agree on global ban on flame retardant HBCD
- Proposal to remove inconsistencies from Biocides Regulation
- Commission extends exemption for lead in vehicle components
- Commission set to change REACH rules on nanomaterials
- New proposals by ECHA under REACH Regulation
- China’s new system for National Emissions Trading anticipated for 2016
- EU adopts new CO2 emissions regulations for cars
- Consultation by European Commission finds strong backing for rules on shale gas extraction
- Council adopts offshore oil and gas safety directive
- Consultation shows support for environmental inspection powers for European Commission
*The Months Ahead:
- Workshops & Conferences
- Excerpt from Council adopts offshore oil and gas safety directive:
On 10 June 2013, the Council of the European Union (“Council”) adopted a Directive on the safety of offshore oil and gas operations. The goal of this new regulatory framework is to reduce major accidents related to offshore oil and gas operations and to limit their consequences. To this end, it establishes minimum conditions for safe offshore exploration and exploitation and improves the response mechanisms in the event of a major accident, while also increasing the protection of the marine environment and costal economies against pollution. The Directive will enter into force 20 days after publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.