In this presentation:
- Why we need affiliated entities
- Controlling the 501(c)(4)
- Corporate separation issues
- Political activity options
- Excerpt from: Controlling the 501(c)(4):
Membership Considerations -
- If planning a PAC, members need to be solicited
- Sole member cannot be the 501(c)(3)
- Think about another class of members
– Must satisfy FEC rules
- Affirmatively accept membership
- Annual dues
- Say in management
- Other indicia
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), Affiliates, Charitable Organizations, Choice of Entity, Exempt Organizations, FEC, Non-Profits, PAC, SEC
Published In: Business Organization Updates, Elections & Politics Updates, Nonprofits Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Venable LLP | Attorney Advertising