In This Issue:
- EDITOR'S NOTE
- RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
• DOJ Civil Recoveries in FY2011
• Number of Qui Tam Actions Hits Record
• Financial Fraud Cases Hitting Hard
• Government Procurement
- Enforcement Still Vigorous
• Pharmaceutical Recoveries Skyrocket to Stratosphere
- PRACTICE ANALYSIS
• The Fee-Shifting Provisions of the False Claims Act
- CASE ANALYSIS
• Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in FCA Case
- PRACTICE TIP
• Attorneys’ Fees in Settlement Negotiation
Excerpt from Editor's Note
Welcome to Patton Boggs' inaugural False Claims Act (FCA) newsletter,
FCA Focus. As the Department of Justice (DOJ) celebrates the 25th
anniversary of the statute's 1986 amendments, which catapulted the FCA
into prominence as the United States' preferred tool for recovering money
from fraud, and as the use of the statute continues to expand, we feel that
the time is right to focus a newsletter on this particular statute across all
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.