Five freight forwarders who have performed significant work for the U.S. Government and Government contractors have been added to the Excluded Party List System (EPLS), meaning that they have been debarred from U.S. Government contracting. The debarred freight forwarders are:
- BAX Global Inc., 440 Exchange, Irvine, California 92602
- Kühne + Nagel International AG, Post Office Box 67, Schindellegi, Switzerland
- Panalpina Welttransport (Holding) AG, Postfach, Basel, Switzerland 4002
- Panalpina Inc., 1776 On the Green, 67 E Park Place Fl 3, Morristown, New Jersey 07960
- Schenker AG, Alfredstr. 81, Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Deutschland 45130
The debarment of these freight forwarders from U.S. Government contracts follows a September 30, 2010 guilty plea by certain of these companies to criminal price-fixing charges, antitrust violations, and an agreement by them to pay $50.7 million in criminal fines to the United States Government. According to a September 30, 2010 press release by the U.S. Department of Justice, the entities that pleaded guilty include Kühne + Nagel International AG, Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., Schenker AG, and BAX Global Inc.
Please see full alert below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.