In this presentation:
- What’s in a Name: “Employee” vs. “Independent Contractor”
Federal rule -
Varying state law interpretations -
What about volunteers and interns? -
- Avenues of Enforcement
Employees and the plaintiffs’ bar -
- Consequences of Misclassification
- Identifying and Remediating Problems
- Excerpt from: Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- Varying definitions between common, federal and state law
- Executive assistant vs. lawn-care company
- Common theme – control
- Excerpt from Recap:
•“The IRS 20-Factor Test is Dead; Long Live the IRS 20-Factor Test”
•IRS Form SS-8
•Agreement between the parties
Please see full Presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.