The Ober|Kaler Health Care General Counsel Institute is pleased to introduce its Foundations series, a collection of programs designed to equip in-house counsel with a solid foundation in the cornerstones of health law. The series is for in-house counsel who are:
- beginning their careers
- experienced counsel working outside of health law
- experienced in health law and want to get up to speed in areas outside of their niches
- experienced health law counsel who would like refreshers on current law and developing trends
- We kick off the series with a look at fraud and abuse topics.
Combating fraud and abuse and promoting a more efficient and quality health care system continues to be a major priority of the government. At the same time, the government is now well armed with new tools and additional funding to investigate and prosecute. Fraud and abuse touches all areas of health care operations, including contracting, medical staff and credentialing, managed care and business development. This webinar will equip you with a working knowledge of the fraud and abuse laws.
Sarah E. Swank of the Ober|Kaler Health Care General Counsel Institute and Catherine A. Martin, former OIG lawyer and member of Ober|Kaler's Health Law Group, presented a webinar covering these fraud and abuse topics:
- Overview of the fraud and abuse laws
- OIG guidance and other government resources
- Recent enforcement trends
- Self-disclosure and other hot topics
- Compliance concerns and practical challenges for in-house counsel
Please see full presentation below for more information. You may also view a recording of this program at these links: