Recent enforcement actions and the new Omnibus Rule implementing several HITECH obligations highlighted the need for a new look at HIPAA obligations for covered entities and now business associates. HITECH not only raised the penalties for violations but created reporting requirements and direct regulation of business associates and downstream business associates. At the same time, OCR is now well armed with new tools to investigate and potentially audit covered entities and business associates.
The program covered these topics:
- Overview of the HIPAA laws and regulations, including the HITECH Act, Breach Reporting Rule, Privacy Rule and Security Rule, as modified by the 2013 Final Omnibus Rule
- OCR guidance and other government resources.
- Recent enforcement trends.
- Security trends and other hot topics.
- Compliance concerns and practical challenges for in-house counsel.
You can access the recording in MP4 here: https://confedge.box.com/shared/static/qmaksmbn1pqhp0tlhems.mp4.
You can access the recording in Windows Media Player here: http://wms.confedge.com/shared/01222014_OBER.wmv.
To access additional resources, please go here: http://www.ober.com/publications/2460-webinar-foundations-hipaa---building-blocks-health-law.
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.