In This Issue:
- When Hospital Errors Follow You Home, and Into Your Soul
- What Survivors of Patient Harm Can Expect
- Hurting the Healing Process
- Learn More About Your Rights and How to Reduce the Harms of Medical Errors
- Recent Health Care News You Should Know About
- Check Out Our Previous Tips
- Excerpt from When Hospital Errors FollowYou Home, and Into Your Soul:
An estimated 1 million hospital patients every year experience some kind of medical or nursing mistake. Some consequences are minor, others are fatal. "But even if patients are lucky enough to physically heal," says ProPublica, the public interest investigative news site, "their lives may never be the same. Sleep becomes elusive, relationships break apart and a wall of silence appears between patients and the doctors they trusted."
In an article called "When Harm in the Hospital Follows You Home," ProPublica.org offers insight about how the harms of hospital errors can endure well beyond the inpatient experience.
This month we excerpt a conversation between more than 1,500 members of ProPublica's Patient Harm Facebook community and Dr. Gerald Monk, a professor at San Diego State University who specializes in the aftermath of patient harm for both patients and providers...
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.