In some circles, network marketing has a bad reputation. Those who had bad experiences in the industry, or are contributors to the industry’s bad reputation, or who misunderstand how the industry works, have all contributed to the association of the word “bad” and “network marketing.” Direct selling, otherwise known as MLM, network marketing, party plan, etc. has been a proven and successful business model in the United States for more than a century. It is true that many people have exploited the business model, yet hundreds of thousands of others have made a living and supported their families by working in the direct selling industry. There are many reasons why network marketing remains a successful and proven business model in the United States:
- One of the longest-running and proven business models in the United States is network marketing.
- Most established MLM companies have an existing, robust infrastructure in place.
- Many network marketing companies provide great training and support for their consultants.
- Most consultants are empowered by companies to be successful entrepreneurs.
- Many direct selling companies provide new and innovative products/services – such as wickless candles – at affordable prices.
- Most companies enable the development of entrepreneurial experience at a low startup cost.
- Many products are good for specifically selling in the network marketing business model, such as products that need demonstration.
- Most credible direct selling companies encourage long-term dedication and success.
There are many good aspects to the network marketing industry. Just remember to have realistic expectations. Choose a reputable company to join. Take advantage of the mentorship, sponsoring and training tools that your company provides. Keep track of your business expenses and make sure to claim the tax advantages. Learn about the industry from industry-experienced people, not simply those who’ve abused the system or have had a bad experience. Read about the industry from websites that come from a non-biased viewpoint. Above all, make sure that you understand, realistically, what is reasonably expected of you of you want to be successful.
For more information on the network marketing industry visit www.mlmlegal.com and www.mlmattorney.com.