1. Status: Passed by both houses of General Assembly. Bill has not yet arrived at Governor’s Office (as of May 17, 2010). Re-writes the entire act, except for the enactment clause.
2. Effective Date: July 1, 2011. Makes it clear that the changes to the statute made by the 96th General Assembly do not affect the legality of prior instruments.
• Many questions. Should we start using the new forms now? Why not?
• What do we do about existing POAs. Now, don’t have to change them. But, are the changes better for the client?
• Strictly from the marketing perspective, it might be a good idea to contact clients to come in to the office for counseling about updating their POA.
Please see full summary below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.