In This Issue:
Judgments; Legislation; and Reports.
- Excerpt from Reports: Queensland. Department of Health:
- 1 April 2014 - Legislative change to address doctors’ concerns. The power of the Queensland Health Director General to vary the conditions of senior doctors will be limited by law, if legislative amendments, introduced by Health Minister Lawrence Springborg, are passed by the Queensland Parliament.
- 3 April 2014 - Doctors' deal backed by the power of Parliament commitment to protect Senior and Visiting Medical Officers from the previously unfettered power of the Director General of Queensland Health was delivered to doctors by the Queensland Parliament tonight.
- 8 April 2014 - Contract and addendum merged in answer to mainstream doctors. Individual doctors’ contracts will be merged with the contract addendum and re issued State-wide as part of a clean-up to resolve issues causing friction among doctors.
- 9 April 2014 - New mortuary and medical records unit for Townsville. The redevelopment of The Townsville Hospital has provided high-level morgue and forensic services and an expanded medical records unit.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.