In This Issue:
- Many States Want More Oversight of Health Insurance Navigators
- Insurers, Hospitals Argue Over Who Pays When Enrollees Default
- ACA Increases Scrutiny of Doctors' Gifts, Payments
- States Continue to Contract with Managed Care Firms Despite Woes
- Health Providers Team Up to Standardize Debt Collection Practices
- Nurse Practitioners to Fill Void as Physician Shortage Worsens
- Hospitals Continue Buying More Physician Practices
- Number of Rural Hospitals Continues to Decline
- Excerpt from Many States Want More Oversight of Health Insurance Navigators:
For millions of Americans, the face of health reform will be a friendly, eager-to-please customer service representative on the health insurance exchanges whose title will be"navigator." With the health insurance exchanges set to open for business Oct. 1,thousands of these navigators are now in training, but they have also become the latesttarget in the continuing partisan war over health reform.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.