In This Issue:
- Questions and Answers on Title IX and Sexual Violence: Five Key Questions That Have Actually Been Answered – and Five New Questions
- Supreme Court Asked If State Universities Are Exempt From Claims Under the False Claims Act
- VAWA Rulemaking Sessions Come to a Close – A Sneak-Peek at What May Be In Store for Colleges and Universities
- Common Issues Related to the Sale of Gifted Stock
- Uptick in Hazing-Related Incidents Provides Sobering Reminder of Potential Claims Against Colleges and Universities
- Who pays when the authorities come calling?
- Excerpt from Questions and Answers on Title IX and Sexual
Violence: Five Key Questions That Have Actually Been Answered – and Five New Questions:
- On April 29, 2014, the Office for Civil Rights of the United States Department of Education (“OCR”) issued a “significant guidance document” that sought to address many of the questions that arose in the wake of the April 4, 2011 Dear Colleague Letter. This April 29, 2014 Q+A Document is 46 pages long, and will not be summarized in detail here. This note talks through five key questions that the Q+A actually does answer, and five new questions that this Q+A, itself, has created.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.