In this issue:
- What Your Business Needs To Do About Hipaa — Now
- Action Items for Covered Entities and Business Associates (including Subcontractors)
- Changes Impacting Business Associates (including Subcontractors)
- Covered Entities and Business Associates Must Provide Notice of a Breach Involving “Unsecured” PHI
- Individual Rights and Obligations Related to the Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Significantly Enhanced HIPAA Enforcement Provisions
- Excerpt from: Covered Entities and Business Associates Must Provide Notice of a Breach Involving “Unsecured” PHI:
Since September 23, 2009, Covered Entities have been required to notify affected individuals within 60 days after a “breach” of Unsecured PHI is discovered. (A breach is deemed “discovered” on the first day that the “breach” is known or should reasonably have been known.) Covered Entities are also required to provide notice to HHS and, in certain circumstances, to the local media.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.