Welcome to the Winter 2012/2013 edition of In Site. This edition covers the following topics:
- Game changer? Building Information Modelling. In this article we look at some of the points made in the Government’s “Industrial Strategy” paper on the future of BIM in the UK, and some of the challenges associated with industry-wide adoption of BIM;
- The new 2012 suite of RIBA appointments have been released and we look at some of the key changes;
- A recent case shows that payments made under a side agreement may not discharge a surety’s obligations under a performance bond;
- The question of what it means for a professional to act “prudently” is examined in a recent professional negligence case;
- A summary of the key changes to the EPC Regulations which came into effect in January 2013; and
- On demand? The risks of using a mixture of “performance bond” and “guarantee” language in terms of assessing what type of security instrument is actually being entered into was considered in a recent Court of Appeal case.
For more information on any of these articles, or on any other issue relating to construction and engineering law, please contact any of the authors or your usual K&L Gates’ contact.
Please see full alert below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.