In this white paper:
- Energy Efficiency Finance Structures, New and Familiar, and Negotiating Key Agreements
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs) and Applying REITs to Energy Efficiency Finance
- Energy or Efficiency Services Agreements (ESAs)
- Managed Energy Service Agreement (MESA)
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- On-Bill Financing/Repayment
- Warehouse for Energy Efficiency Loans (WHEEL)
- Other Potential Energy Efficiency Finance Structures
- Appraisals and Insurance
- The Role of Public-Private Partnerships: Integrating Public and Private Financing
- State-Level Policy
- Federal Policy
- Excerpt from Introduction:
One year ago, we published our first white paper on energy efficiency finance with the twin objectives of introducing the subject to those for whom it was new, as well as discussing the principal concepts and methods for implementing energy efficiency finance with those already steeped in the subject or about to enter the market. That first primer remains a good starting point for anyone unfamiliar with energy efficiency finance. The purpose of this edition is to continue the conversation and, in particular, to examine where we are, what we have done, and where we are going.
Please see full white paper below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.