In this edition of "Inside Maryland Taxes" we provide an update of recent past and upcoming state tax events and issues related to the great state of Maryland. This edition includes:
• Comptroller of Maryland Speaks at D.C. State Tax Executives' Luncheon Lecture Series
• Don Griswold Appointed to Maryland Business Advisory Council
• Maryland Senate Budget & Taxation Committee Briefing Today
• Fiscal Year 2011 Revenues Exceed Estimates
• Maryland Marcellus Shale Panel Formed - Potential Tax Implications?
Comptroller of Maryland Speaks at Summer Installment of D.C. State Tax Executives' Luncheon Lecture Series
On July 7, Reed Smith hosted Peter Franchot, Comptroller of Maryland, as the special guest for its Tax Executives' State Tax Luncheon Lecture series. The Comptroller delivered remarks followed by a question-and-answer session with attendees. The topics discussed included the Comptroller's view of the state's economy, tax topics that might be covered in Maryland's fall special legislative session, current views on combined reporting, sales tax on services, and the Comptroller's view on imposing a sales tax collection and remittance obligation on Internet sellers who sell to Maryland customers.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.