In This Issue:
*News From The Bench:
- Claim Construction: “Only One” Or “More Than One.”
- No Need To Include Claim Construction in Design Patent Infringement Complaint.
- CAFC Finds That Adapting Well-Known Methods Of Doing Business To The Internet Is Obvious As A Matter Of Law.
- Permanent Injunction Imposed Even Where The Infringed Technology Is One Of Many Technologies In The Accused Product.
- Once Again, Over-Disclosing References To The PTO Carries No Penalty.
- Suit Dismissed Where 11th Amendment Immunity Precludes Joinder Of Patentee University.
- USPTO: When To Seek Post-Grant Review Of Covered Business Method Patents.
- USPTO: Patent Fees As Of March 19, 2013.
- EPO: Provisions For A Unitary Patent And Enforcement Through A Unified Patent Court.
*Clean Tech Bulletin:
- Global Cleantech Insights And Trends Report 2012.
- Excerpt from EPO: Provisions For Unitary Patents And Enforcement Through A Unified Patent Court (UPC):
25 EU member states have embarked on enhanced co-operation with a view to creating unitary patent protection for their territories. The Unified Patent Court will enter into force on the later of 1 January 2014 or four months after its thirteen member-country ratification, which must include Germany, France and the UK (Italy and Spain have elected not to participate).
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.