In this issue:
- Federal Circuit: Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Appeal
- The Federal Circuit Draws the Line on Permissible Changes to Design Patent Claims – Or Does It?
- DMCA Safe Harbor Upheld for YouTube Once Again in Viacom v. YouTube
- Supreme Debate: Are Human Genes Patentable?
- Smartphones Spotlight Design Patents
- Announcements and Reminders
- Excerpt from: DMCA Safe Harbor Upheld for YouTube Once Again in Viacom v. YouTube:
On April 18, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York again held that YouTube is subject to the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act as an internet service provider despite alleged general knowledge of extensive copyright infringement.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.