In this issue:
- Endo Pharmaceuticals v. Actavis: An Analysis from a Transactional Perspective
- Supreme Court to Consider Federal Circuit De Novo Review of Claim Construction in Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. v. Sandoz Inc.
- Considerations for Businesses When Using Getty's New "Free" Images
- ITC: Data Transmissions from Abroad Are Importations Subject to Section 337
- Legal Considerations for E-Commerce Businesses
- IP Buzz Special Edition: AIA Post-Grant Proceedings
- Announcements And Reminders
- Considerations for Businesses When Using Getty's New "Free" Images:
Getty Images, one of the largest online U.S. stock photo image companies, recently made over 35 million photo images from its inventory available for free online use by any interested person. Getty had previously charged for the use of all of its images. Given the ease with which a digital image can be copied, however, frequent use of Getty's images online caused the images to turn up in search engine results that led to rampant re-use and sharing by additional persons without an appropriate legal license from Getty. This shift in Getty's policy offers a new approach to prior and often unsuccessful attempts by Getty to control the systemic infringement of its images online.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Actavis Inc., America Invents Act, Copyright, E-Commerce, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Getty Images, ITC, Patent Infringement, Patent Litigation, Patents, Post-Grant Review, Sandoz, Teva Pharmaceuticals
Published In: Antitrust & Trade Regulation Updates, Civil Procedure Updates, Communications & Media Updates, Intellectual Property Updates, International Trade Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Venable LLP | Attorney Advertising