In this issue:
- USPTO Issues Rules Implementing America Invents Act
- The $60 Million iPad Trademark Lesson Applies to All Brands
- Patent Insurance – It's Not Just for Defendants Anymore
- Lights! Action! Deduct!
- Determining Subject Matter Eligibility: How CLS Bank v. Alice Corp. Makes a Difficult Question Even More Difficult
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property – Monitoring Licensees' Use of Your Trademarks in Advertising Claims
- Best Practices in Anti-Counterfeiting in the Toy and Game Industry
- Announcements And Reminders
An excerpt from "Lights! Action! Deduct!"
There may be a documentary film to be made about the documentary filmmaker who stood up to the IRS and won! A recent tax court case could be an extremely important precedent for independent filmmakers and documentarians. The issue in the case was the ability of the filmmaker to take deductions for expenses incurred in creating a documentary film given the fact that many documentary films do not make a profit.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.