In this issue:
- Using Injunctions to Gain Market Share: What’s the Harm
- Business Method Patents and September 16, 2012
- News:ICANN Reveals List Of New gTLD Applications
- New Insurance Helps Small Companies Defend IP
- A New Way to Pay for Intellectual Property Infringement Litigation
- Announcements And Reminders
An excerpt from "Using Injunctions to Gain Market Share: What's the Harm?"
One of the most powerful tools available to patent owners is the injunction. An injunction can remove competitive products from the marketplace and greatly increase a patent owner’s market share. Even in technology areas where the product lifecycle is short, such as in consumer electronics, the injunction can be a formidable weapon. The Federal Circuit more clearly defined the factors that must be shown in order for an injunction to issue in its May 14, 2012 decision in Apple v. Samsung.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.