In this issue:
- Software Patents Put to the Test – a Bad Sign for Trolls?
- Sowing the Seeds of Patent Infringement
- FTC vs. POM Wonderful: Trench Warfare
- Anything You Can Clean, I Can Clean Better
- Announcements And Reminders
- Excerpt from: Software Patents Put to the Test – a Bad Sign for Trolls?
One of the challenges presented by software patents, which are commonly asserted by so-called patent assertion entities (aka, patent trolls), is determining what the patent covers. Often the invention is described in vague terms that are difficult to decipher. A recent Federal Circuit decision involving online advertising patents may force patent applicants to describe their invention with particularity and assist in invalidating unduly vague patents.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.