In this issue:
- How Capitol Records v. Vimeo Shapes the Content Stream
- Internet Platform Held Liable for Counterfeit Sales – Hope for Brand Owners
- Daily Journal quotes Greg Sater on native advertising
- Think You Aren't Your Online Affiliates' Keeper? Think Again
- Announcements And Reminders
- Excerpt from How Capitol Records v. Vimeo Shapes the Content Stream:
Capitol Records v. Vimeo in the Southern District of New York highlights some of the challenges that streaming media services face as the body of case law develops regarding Digital Millennium Copyright Act safe harbor protection. Although courts are refining the law, many of the standards employed remain vague, and therefore, dangerous and potentially costly, say Pierce and Farley.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.