In this issue:
- Terminal Disclaimer Cannot be Used to Circumvent IPR Review Standard
- IPR Spotlight Series: Evaluating Whether to File a Preliminary Patent Owner Response
- Unscathed by Review: Recent IPR Results Temper PTAB's Overall Record
- Announcements And Reminders
- Excerpt from Unscathed by Review: Recent IPR Results Temper PTAB's Overall Record:
The PTAB has been labeled an anti-patent "death squad" because of the high percentage of unpatentability findings in early AIA trials. Through March 2014, all 28 Final Written Decisions decided on the merits held at least one claim of the challenged patent unpatentable. Since then, the PTAB has issued eight decisions finding the patent wholly valid, helping to temper the PTAB's overall record and assuage early fears of patent owners.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.