In this issue:
- Janet Satterthwaite Co-authors U.S. Chapter on Global Guide to Free Speech and Fair Use in Trademarks
- Federal Circuit Reiterates Standards for Invalidating Design Patents
- Who's "The Best?" The Legal Parameters of Puffery
- Announcements And Reminders
- Excerpt from: Federal Circuit Reiterates Standards for Invalidating Design Patents
On September 11, 2013, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit reiterated certain standards for determining invalidity of design patents. In High Point Design LLC v. Buyer’s Direct, Inc., plaintiff Buyer’s Direct, Inc. claimed that Defendant High Point Design infringed its design patent and its trade dress in a fuzzy slipper design. The Federal Circuit, in reviewing this determination, reversed and remanded, and in doing so, reiterated the appropriate standards for making such determinations.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.