In this issue:
- Apps and Data Privacy
– New Guidelines from the German DPAs New Developments in Cybersecurity Regulation
- Refer-a-Friend Functionality on the Internet – Federal Court underpins its view
- Decision of the Court of Justice of the European Union regarding the validity of unregistered Community designs
- EU Regulation on Customs Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights
- The German Federal Supreme Court decides on copyright royalties for the use of music in dancing schools
- Further Publications by Reed Smith
- Excerpt from Apps and Data Privacy:
Under the auspices of the Bavarian state data protection authority, the so-called Düsseldorfer Kreis (an association of all German data privacy regulators for the private sector) has published guidelines for developers and providers of mobile apps on June 23, 2014. Since mobile applications increasingly become the focus of regulators, the guide points to data privacy and technical requirements regarding the field of app development and operation, and provides practical examples.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Data Protection, ECJ, EU, EU Data Protection Laws, Mobile Apps, Patent Litigation, Patents
Published In: Communications & Media Updates, Intellectual Property Updates, International Trade Updates, Privacy Updates, Science, Computers & Technology Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Reed Smith | Attorney Advertising