In this issue:
- Data Protection ‘Around the World’
- New Neighbouring Right for Press Publishers under German Copyright Law – from 1 August 2013
- German Federal Supreme Court decides on Internet Video Recorders yet again
- Extension of the Territorial Scope of the Community Trademark System and of the Madrid System on International Registrations
- Proposal by the European Commission regarding modifications to the Community Trademark Regulation and further Harmonization of Trademark Law on the European Union Level
- Letter ‘M’ as a Wordmark for ‘Sports Cars’ Eligible for Protection in Germany
- Latest Decision by the German Federal Supreme Court Regarding the Scope of Protection of Well-known Trademark
- Excerpt from: Data Protection Around the World:
Data protection is not only a current topic in Germany but also in numerous countries worldwide, within and outside Europe. Looking beyond our own backyard can help to sharpen the focus of our own discussions, be they legislative, on data breaches, or on the monitoring by governmental authorities. Let’s take the leap into the foreign data protection waters.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.