In This Issue:
- Alabama Employment-Related Legislation
- Mississippi Employment-Related Legislation
- North Carolina Employment-Related Legislation
- Tennessee Employment-Related Legislation
- Washington, D.C. Employment-Related Legislation
- Excerpt from Washington, D.C. Employment-Related Legislation:
Discrimination and Retaliation Protections for the Unemployed: Employers in the District of Columbia must comply with a number of local laws regarding employees. These range from the D.C. Human Rights Act, which largely mirrors Title VII and similar federal laws, but specifically covers sexual orientation and political affiliation; to the D.C. Paid Sick Leave Act (DC Code § 32-131.02), requiring paid sick leave for employees based on the employer’s size; and the D.C. Family and Medical Leave Act (D.C. Code § 32 509), providing up to 16 weeks of unpaid leave in a 24-month period.
Please see full update below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.