In this issue:
- CFPB Turns One, Announces First Enforcement Action
- FTC Weighs in on FCC’s Consideration of Mobile “Cramming”
- California Announces Privacy Enforcement and Protection Unit
- Microsoft Setback in Xbox Text Messaging Suit
- Class Actions “Piggybacking” FTC Enforcement Face Setback
- Jonathan Pompan Comments on CFPB’s First Year
- Upcoming Events
An excerpt from "Microsoft Setback in Xbox Text Messaging Suit"
In a class action against Microsoft Corp. alleging that the company sent unlawful text messages promoting its Xbox game console, a federal district court recently ruled that the plaintiff did not have to allege that he was charged for the text message he received in order to have standing to sue.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.