In This Issue:
- High Court Gives NLRB Time to Challenge Recess Appointments
- High Court Hears Case on Union, Employer "Neutrality Agreements"
- Appeals Court Overturns NLRB Arbitration Agreements Decision
- More Adjuncts Showing Interest in Organized Unions
- Workplace Age Discrimination Claims Continue to Rise
- More Fortune 500 Companies Offering Benefits for Gay Partners
- Employers Facing Tough Choices Over Health Insurance Coverage
- Small Biz Must Seek Insurance From Brokers, Online Access Delayed
- Excerpt from High Court Gives NLRB Time to Challenge Recess Appointments:
The U.S. Supreme Court extended the time it will take to hear a case challenging White House recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board and granted the Senate's top Republican 15 minutes during the January 13 oral arguments. The movecomes in a politically charged case involving Pepsi bottler Noel Canning Corp, theauthority of an agency that protects workers' rights, and the power of the U.S. presidentto overcome political gridlock by filling key government jobs without Senate consent.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.