In This Issue:
- 13 States Set to Raise Minimum Wage, 11 More Consider Increases
- EEOC Reports $372.1M in Monetary Relief for Workplace Bias Claims
- N.Y.U. Graduate Assistants Vote to Affiliate with UAW
- U.S. Amazon Employees Petition NLRB to Hold Union Elections
- Eyes on House in 2014 to See if Immigration Reform Will Pass
- States Seek to Curb Employers from Asking for Facebook Passwords
- U.S. Prepares Tougher Rules for Exposure to Silica in Workplace
- High Court Blocks Implementation of Birth Control Mandate
- Excerpt from 13 States Set to Raise Minimum Wage, 11 More Consider Increases:
Starting January 1, minimum wage workers in 13 states and four cities will see higher paychecks. The Economic Policy Institute, a left-leaning think tank, used Census datato estimate that the increases will boost the incomes of 2.5 million low-wage Americanworkers next year.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Amazon, Bias, Birth Control Pill, Contraceptive Coverage Mandate, Contraceptives, Discrimination, EEOC, Facebook, Hazardous Substances, Immigration Reform, Minimum Wage, NLRB, OSHA, Passwords, Silica, Social Media, Social Media Policy, Unions
Published In: Civil Rights Updates, Labor & Employment Updates, Privacy Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Burr & Forman | Attorney Advertising