In This Issue:
- High Court Mulls if Amazon Must Pay for Worker Security Checks
- Silicon Valley Class-Action Accuses Executives of Hiring Collusion
- EEOC Issues New Guidelines for Religious Bias as Complaints Rise
- Boeing Will End Non-Union Employees' Pension Plans
- Employees Opting for Cheaper Insurance from Private Exchanges
- Investigations into Employee Theft Can Lead to False Confessions
- Switch to Daylight Saving Time Can Impact Workplace Safety
- Excerpt from High Court Mulls if Amazon Must Pay for Worker Security Checks:
The U.S. Supreme Court agreed to hear a case that could determine whether companies such as Amazon.com must pay workers for the time they spend waiting to clear security checks at the end of their work shifts. The case revolves around workers at Amazon warehouses in Nevada, who had to pass through security checks as part of an anti-theft procedure.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.