In This Issue:
- High Court Takes on Union Strategy to Push Neutrality Agreements
- Justices Consider Pay for Union Workers to Don Safety Gear
- Appeals Court Rules for Employers Over Birth Control Coverage
- Rule Would Allow Workers to Carry Over Flexible Spending Accounts
- Labor Department Seeks to Open Safety Reports to Public
- Tech Firms Requesting Most H-1B Visas Accused of Outsourcing
- Allowing Guns in Workplace Proves Contentious Issue
- White House Backs Raising Federal Minimum Wage to $10.10 an Hour
- Excerpt from High Court Takes on Union Strategy to Push Neutrality Agreements:
Labor leaders and businesses are closely watching a Supreme Court case that involves a popular strategy used by unions to successfully organize hundreds of thousands ofworkers. That strategy -- widely deployed by the Service Employees International Unionand the Unite Here hotel workers union -- involves pressuring an employer into signinga so-called neutrality agreement in which the employer promises not to oppose a unionization drive.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Birth Control Pill, Carryover Basis, Contraceptive Coverage Mandate, Employer No-Weapons Policies, Flexible Spending Accounts, Gun Laws, H-1B, Healthcare, Minimum Wage, Outsourcing, Safety Precautions, Unions, Visas, Wage and Hour
Published In: Health Updates, Immigration Updates, Labor & Employment Updates, Tax Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Burr & Forman | Attorney Advertising