In This Issue:
- High Court Takes on Union Strategy to Push Neutrality Agreements
- Justices Consider Pay for Union Workers to Don Safety Gear
- Appeals Court Rules for Employers Over Birth Control Coverage
- Rule Would Allow Workers to Carry Over Flexible Spending Accounts
- Labor Department Seeks to Open Safety Reports to Public
- Tech Firms Requesting Most H-1B Visas Accused of Outsourcing
- Allowing Guns in Workplace Proves Contentious Issue
- White House Backs Raising Federal Minimum Wage to $10.10 an Hour
- Excerpt from High Court Takes on Union Strategy to Push Neutrality Agreements:
Labor leaders and businesses are closely watching a Supreme Court case that involves a popular strategy used by unions to successfully organize hundreds of thousands ofworkers. That strategy -- widely deployed by the Service Employees International Unionand the Unite Here hotel workers union -- involves pressuring an employer into signinga so-called neutrality agreement in which the employer promises not to oppose a unionization drive.
Please see full E-Note below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.