Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) is coming into force on July 1, 2014. The purpose of this law is to help regulate commercial conduct by prohibiting certain commercial activities that are performed through electronic means. It will impact a wide range of businesses and also certain messages sent by individuals, non-profit organizations and other types of organizations.
Specifically, CASL will prohibit:
- sending commercial electronic messages ("CEM’s") without the recipient's consent;
- altering transmission data in electronic messages;
- installing computer programs without express consent;
- using false or misleading representations online in the promotion of products or services; and
- collecting electronic addresses by the use of computer programs or the use of such addresses without consent.
Please see full Article below for more Information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.