Legal Representation that Works for You!


Question: “I have been in a car accident and I have a lawyer representing me; however, I feel like my lawyer is not representing me appropriately. What do I do if I want to change lawyers?”

It is important for clients to know that they have the right, at any time, to change their lawyer. Lawyers provide a professional service. If you are unhappy with the service you are receiving, you have the right to seek it elsewhere. You can terminate your relationship with your current lawyer by simply informing the lawyer that you no longer wish to be represented by him or her. Often, this can be an uncomfortable thing to do and many newly hired lawyers will just send a letter to the former lawyer confirming that the client has now hired him or her and that the former lawyer needs to send the client’s file to the new lawyer. This alleviates the client from having to deal with the uncomfortable situation.

Please see full article below for more information.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.

Topics:  Attorney's Fees, Car Accident, Hiring & Firing, Termination

Published In: Civil Procedure Updates, Professional Practice Updates, Personal Injury Updates

DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© Lerners LLP | Attorney Advertising

Don't miss a thing! Build a custom news brief:

Read fresh new writing on compliance, cybersecurity, Dodd-Frank, whistleblowers, social media, hiring & firing, patent reform, the NLRB, Obamacare, the SEC…

…or whatever matters the most to you. Follow authors, firms, and topics on JD Supra.

Create your news brief now - it's free and easy »