In This Issue:
- Deryck Palmer on What’s Next for the Energy Sector
- Christopher Garcia on Cyber Threats
- Crowdfunding How Communications Will Provide the Keys to
- Jobs Act Hedge Fund Communications Options Poised to Expand
- Paul Winum On CEO Succession
- Karen Lisko On Juror Evolutions
- NACD Boardvision On The Future Of Directorship
- Blogs Worth Following
- Levick In The News
- Excerpt from Crowdfunding How Communications Will Provide The
Keys To Capital:
Reports that U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Mary Schapiro will be leaving her post next week have raised questions as to the fate of a number of high-profile issues currently on the Commission’s docket. Chief among them is the concern that long-awaited crowdfunding regulations tied to the JOBS Act—rules that would allow companies to raise capital via share offerings primarily marketed to small investors online—may be delayed.
Few doubt that whomever President Obama chooses to succeed Chairman Schapiro will face a lengthy and contentious Senate confirmation process. And when the SEC does finally get around to its mandate to publish crowdfunding rules, the process will only be half completed, as the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) must then publish its own guidance before online equity portals can open for business.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.