In This Issue:
- Executive Communications
- U.S. Fiscal Policy
- Our Strongest Answer To Terrorism Funding
- CNOOC & NEXEN: Is Canada’s Energy Sector Fertile Ground For Foreign Investment?
- NACD Boardvision Analyzing Lost Say On Pay Votes
- North Carolina Regulators Find Fault With Duke Energy’s Bait & Switch
- Blogs To Follow
- Levick In The News
- Excerpt from Our Strongest Answer To Terrorism Funding:
As the world grapples with the latest Middle East crises, it is an ironic and sobering fact that the Lebanese banking community — one of the region’s strongest bulwarks of Western interest — now faces pressure to further reaffirm that its policies and practices are fully compliant with international standards.
Ironic, because no financial entities in the region have done more than the Lebanese to ensure compliance with international anti-money laundering standards. Sobering, because, if we weaken these institutions, we only loosen our grip on terrorist funding; further destabilize the entire region; and, in sum, defeat our own vital short-and long-range political objectives.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.