In This Issue:
- The 100 Most Influential People In the Boardroom
- Social Media & The Boardroom: Critical Questions Directors Need To Ask
- Michael Volkov on Whistleblowers
- What's Next? The Top Issues of 2013 and Beyond
- H-P: Is There a Miraculous Recovery Ahead?
- The Future of Directorship: Key Takeaways
- Buy Me, Sell Me, Sue Me
- Paul Ferrillo on Post-Election Dodd-Frank Priorities
- Jeff Rosenblum on The Naked Brand
- The Next Big Superstorm Sandy Story: Are We Really in Good Hands?
- Blogs Worth Following
- Levick In The News
- Excerpt from Social Media & The Boardroom: Critical Questions Directors Need To Ask:
The last 10 years have seen extraordinary evolutions in the responsibilities boards of directors must assume. From Sarbanes-Oxley to Dodd-Frank, directors have been subjected to new liabilities and new mandates for elevated levels of transparency and accountability. But during that time, another development has had perhaps an even greater impact on directors’ day-to-day duties than any strictures from Washington, D.C. It’s the social media revolution—and no public company, large or small, has eluded its impact.
Social media are no longer novel stakeholder and consumer outreach tools; they are the new normal in the modern business operations environment. The brand-building opportunities they present are nearly limitless. The risks they introduce are just as expansive. They affect everything from reputations to value propositions. And to many corporate leaders, they remain somewhat of a mystery.
Please see full newsletter below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Board of Directors, Brand, Dodd-Frank, Hurricane Sandy, Social Media, Whistleblowers
Published In: Business Organization Updates, General Business Updates, Communications & Media Updates, Finance & Banking Updates, Insurance Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© LEVICK | Attorney Advertising