In this presentation:
- Overview and recommendations regarding hearing procedures.
- Ways to maximize confidentiality and immunity protections under state law, HCQIA and the Patient Safety Act.
- Effective use of hearing officers.
- How to select medical staff hearing representatives and hearing committee members.
- The proper role of legal counsel.
- The appropriate standard of review in hearings.
- The standards applied by courts when reviewing peer review decisions.
- Typical claims and defenses in litigation.
- Settlement strategies.
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.
Topics: Confidentiality, Decision-Making Process, Defences, Defense Strategies, Evidentiary Hearings, Litigation Strategies, Outside Counsel, Patients, Peer Review, Sanctions, Settlement
Published In: Health Updates
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP | Attorney Advertising