In this presentation:
- Overview and recommendations regarding hearing procedures.
- Ways to maximize confidentiality and immunity protections under state law, HCQIA and the Patient Safety Act.
- Effective use of hearing officers.
- How to select medical staff hearing representatives and hearing committee members.
- The proper role of legal counsel.
- The appropriate standard of review in hearings.
- The standards applied by courts when reviewing peer review decisions.
- Typical claims and defenses in litigation.
- Settlement strategies.
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.