In This Presentation:
1) History of legislative regime in Canada re: marijuana
2) Overview of Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR’s)
3) How to become a licensed producer
4) Challenges for licensed producers (LP’s) / applicants
5) Current legal challenges to MMPR’s
7) Looking forward
- Excerpt from History of legislative regime in Canada re: marijuana:
Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA):
- CDSA, s.4(1) – no person shall possess a substance included in Schedule II, except as authorized by regulation – contravention is an indictable offence
- Schedule II includes “Cannabis, its preparations, derivatives and synthetic preparations”
- Also includes certain cannabinoids including Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD)
Please see full presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.