Music Canada's Music Licensing Primer


Music Canada, the trade association which "represents Canada’s major [record] labels", has a very handy "licensing primer" on its website, which includes a nice little table summarizing (with links) which collectives you need to obtain licenses from in order to obtain authorization to do certain things with "song" (e.g., talk to AVLA if you need permission to reproduce a sound recording, talk to CMRRA if you need permission to reproduce a composition).

Please see full update for links.

LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.

Published In: Art, Entertainment & Sports Updates, General Business Updates, Intellectual Property Updates

DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.

© Aird & Berlis | Attorney Advertising

Don't miss a thing! Build a custom news brief:

Read fresh new writing on compliance, cybersecurity, Dodd-Frank, whistleblowers, social media, hiring & firing, patent reform, the NLRB, Obamacare, the SEC…

…or whatever matters the most to you. Follow authors, firms, and topics on JD Supra.

Create your news brief now - it's free and easy »