Nationwide, more than two hundred new laws will take effect January 1, according to Ovid attorney Steven Getman.
In some states, the new laws include legalization of gay marriages and marijuana usage.
In New York State, the new laws include:
• A new sales tax exemption designed to encourage solar energy use;
• A law to provide new protections for domestic violence;
• Laws to help craft brewers distribute their products;
• A prohibition on the sale of e-cigarettes to minors;
• New ways for colleges to provide health insurance for students.
More on the new laws can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/br8jwnb
According to Getman, residents with questions about their states’ laws should contact a competent attorney of their own choosing in that state to make sure they understand their rights and responsibilities.
Steven Getman Attorney Franklin & Gabriel Law Office
Steven Getman County Assigned Counsel, 2008-2011
Steven Getman Seneca County Stop-DWI Coordinator, 2007
Steven Getman Seneca County Attorney, 2002-2007
Steven Getman Seneca County Social Services Attorney, 1995-2001
Steven Getman Attorney Midey & Swinehart, 1995-2001
Steven Getman Seneca County Public Defender, 1995
Steven Getman Seneca County Law Guardian Panel, 1992-1995