In this Report:
- Overview of Applicability
- Summary of the Act’s Governance Requirements
- Summary of the Act’s Financial Reporting Rules for Organizations Required to Register to Conduct Charitable Solicitations
- Highlights of the Act’s Update of the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law and Expansion of the Attorney General’s Enforcement Powers
- Excerpt from New York Non-Profit Revitalization Act of 2013 Reforms Governance Rules for Nonprofits:
Signed into law in the final days of last year, the New York Non-Profit Revitalization Act of 2013 is designed to reform the statutory requirements for governance of nonprofit organizations (both not-for-profit corporations and wholly charitable trusts), expand the Attorney General’s enforcement powers, and modernize and clarify some of the more mechanical and procedural New York rules applicable to not-for-profit corporations. Most provisions took effect on July 1, 2014.
Please see full Report below for more Information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.